The fi-5950 is a production level scanner built for applications needing to scan high volumes reliably and quickly whilst minimising the pre and post processing tasks of the operator. The fi-5950 can scan a wide range of paper qualities varying in size from A8 to A3 and thicknesses from 31 to 209 g/m2 through the 500-sheet capacity hopper.
New high speed CCD technology and latest image processing circuitry increase the overall processing speed. Even at resolutions of 300 dpi, 135 pages per minute or 270 images per minute can be continuously captured in colour or monochrome mode. At the same time, custom made CCD cameras enable brighter, more crisp and secure image capture of even oversized or extremely skewed documents.
The fi-5950 provides selectable processing options through TWAIN or ISIS driver settings, which are supported by UW-SCSI and USB 2.0 interfaces that support auto-binarisation.
The fi-5950 comes equipped with three individual ultrasonic sensors which greatly increase the reliability of double feed detection. This, together with superior paper processing and continuous document protection, ensures that if sticky or stapled documents are included in the batch, the sensors identify an overskew incident and interrupt the scanning process to prevent possible damage to the document.
Other features include the ability to support up to 8 major languages through the control panel as well as in the driver and the manual. An active output stacking tray for neat batches helps prevent papersheets from curling. The fi-5950 emits incredibly low noise during operation at less than 55 dB. It features easy access to all consumables and paper path areas. When not in use the hopper module can be closed ensuring minimal desktop space is used as well as keeping the interior of the scanner free from dust.
Paper handling features
- 100% straight paper path within capture zone
- Extremely low jam rate due to combination of paper path characteristics, enhanced transport roller modules and torque control mechanism
- Scans mixed batches of paper documents
- Comfortable feeding of different volume batches by adapting the hopper height to three optional positions
- Left, right or centre position alignment of document batches according to individual operator needs or document specifics
- Continuous manual feeding mode using the regular hopper
- Multi-feed detection using four different operator definable methods: Multi-Zoning Ultrasonic sensors that can be specified to monitor or ignore defined document segments; Paper length detection; Combined mode activating ultrasonic and paper length detection; Customizable and Intelligent Multi-feed Ignore function
- Document length limitation increased to 3m for use with TWAIN and ISIS or 1m when using VRS
Image quality features
- Scan in monochrome, grayscale or colour
- Optical resolution of up to 600 dpi
- Multi-stream mode available for simultaneously creating two images
- Supports drop out colour definition of any available colour
- Automatic de-skew
- Automatic colour detection
- Anti-Corner cutting enabled by overskew control
Image processing features
- Continuous, almost uninterrupted scanning operation, since the fi-5950 recalibrates on the fly without operator intervention
- Enables blank page detection and automatic discarding
- Custom made CCD modules that capture document information within a horizontal range of 317 mm. Combined with Hybrid Cropping, even extremely skewed and damaged documents are deskewed and cropped to their actual format
- Wide range of image file formats including TIFF, BMP, JPEG, PDF and PDF/A
The fi-5950 has one of the lowest operating costs associated with it, minimising the cost per page.
- Highly competitive device price
- Long durability consumables: 600,000 sheets for PAD Assembly, Pick Roller, Separation Roller and Brake Roller
- All consumables operator exchangeable
- Automatic operator notification of consumable change cycle
- 100,000 sheets per day duty cycle
- Small footprint significantly decreasing space required
- Optional Pre- and A3+ size Post-Imprinter
Advanced scanner driver and image capture software
PaperStream IP, high quality image processing
Built on TWAIN / ISIS standards, PaperStream IP is the scanner driver for Fujitsu fi-series image scanners. With its advanced black and white and colour processing, a range of documents can be automatically and easily converted into image data suitable for complex post capture processing -producing for example highly accurate OCR results. High quality image data can be created without defining scanner settings in advance, as PaperStream IP will aim to optimise this automatically for every sheet.
PaperStream Capture, enhanced batch scanning
PaperStream Capture enhances the data capture process from adjusting scanning settings to performing batch scanning, verifying data and releasing to directories, repositories or subsequent process routines. Users can complete data capture tasks easily with the extremely user-friendly graphical user interface (GUI). Moving scanned batches into a queue for later retrieval is possible as well.
Seamless linkage with PaperStream IP provides for high quality image processing and simplified batch scanning operation at the same time.
Back to top